Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Budget

I really want to try and start the month out right and keep up to date with the budget this month. I'm sure it will depend on if "baby" comes this month, but at least I am off to a good start.

I ended last month about $7 over budget, but still had a $10 OYNO at Cub. Slightly over budget, but not too bad being until baby comes and gets a little bigger I am planning in my head that we won't really be able to stick to the $85 each month. I've been doing pretty good, but it is a little impractical when I have to depend on someone to go shopping with me each time. It can be a lot to ask of people.

I have an awful cold and needed some honey to put in my tea so I went out to Target yesterday morning. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that Ortega taco seasoning was $.47. I knew I has $1/2 coupons so I brought those along. Here is what I ended up with:

24oz Honey $4.59
14 Ortega taco seasoning $.47=$6.58
2 Ortega taco sauce $1.27=$2.54

Used 8 $1/2 Ortega MF
Total $5.71

Total for the month $5.71
Total left to spend $79.29 +$10 OYNO at Cub

No comments: