Friday, April 25, 2008

Will I make it after all?

All week long I have been wondering if I will actually make the April spending challenge that I started. At the beginning of the week I was planning on getting baked beans, veggies, milk and other things from the Cub sale + the normal things a person needs every week. I didn't really see how I would make it and still get the things that I was wanting for my stockpile.

As it turns out I shouldn't have wondered. God just seems to provide more and more each day. There is a $1/1 coupon for the new style of baked beans so I will be able to get 40 of them for free (if my coupons get here by tomorrow.)

My new plan was to do the milk deal 3 times and also get a case of green beans as this is the only veggie I can get Noah to eat. Well, they are out of regular green beans and only have French cut left so I was able to get a raincheck for them and will pick them up at some later point when there is a little more room in the pantry and $ in my budget.

All I ended up getting today was:

1 can Bush's grilling beans $.99
1 Cub 2pk milk $6.18
1 box Carnation instant breakfast $4.49?

After coupons it was $1.97

I was going to use my free milk coupon, but my total was only $2.97? so I used a $1/1 gallon of milk peelie instead. She wanted to ask CS about the free milk coupon and then I realized my total was less then $4.50 so decided to save it so I would hopefully be able to get the overage later.

I think that even if I do the milk deal two more times and end up saving my free milk coupon for later I would still have enough for the rest of the week. I can't really remember what else I was going to buy except for price matching the oranges at SuperWalmart for $1.59 per 4lb.

Total $1.97
Total spending for the month:$61.31 +$10 OYNO at Cub
Total left to spend:$13.69

No comments: