Saturday, December 20, 2008

No Budget tracking for December

Well, if it hasn't happened by now, there is probably no point in starting. I was planning on posting how I spend the grocery budget like every other month, but I just isn't going to happen.

I really haven't been spending too much this month. I think about $20 so far this month. Jason has gotten most of it for my on his way home, basically when we need something extra to add for supper.

I haven't been going out much simply because it's hard to take Noah out alone with my pulled muscle. It really hasn't been so bad. I've enjoyed watching the snow fall because I haven't needed to be out in it and it's helped me think of using up my stockpile instead of adding to it so fervently.

I've pulled a few things out of the freezer, which is great because I need to use those things instead of let them become freezer burned. We also had a lot of fruit and produce in the fridge that came in a gift basket we received from church. We also haven't needed to buy milk due to the generous gift of MANY free milk coupons from Vicki Oldfather. Between the few coupons I had and all the ones she gave me we haven't had to buy milk all month. There are still 4 gallons in the fridge. Looking at the dates they should last through the end of the month.

My goal for the rest of the month is to figure out what I have in both freezers and start using it. I'm hoping to get a list made up of what types of meat I have and then start using it. I tend to leave things in the freeze for too long and then it doesn't always taste good. I want to make sure that I don't end up saving it for so long that I end up wasting it and the money that I spent on it. I'm hoping for a good response to the post about menu ideas so I'll have some fresh ideas of what to make with the food in the freezer.

No comments: