Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My CVS sob story

I went into CVS last Tuesday. When I was checking out the lady said that they will no longer be excepting expired ECBs, not even a day past the date. This was not good news because all my ECBS were either expired or would expire before the end of the week. I had over $50. She said that she would take them this time and that I could go home and figure out what I needed to get with them.

I went home and tried for the next three days to figure out how to roll my ECBs so that I wouldn't loose them. I finally got a plan together so Friday night I went in to see what I would end up with.

This was my wonderful plan. I needed to spend $52.xx

3 Benifiber 3x$6.79=$20.37
1 4x6 photo book=$3.99
2 6x8 photo books=$15.98
2 Netragena Mascara 2x$5.99=$11.98
1 Bayer Heart Advanced $4.99
2 CVS pads 2x$.99=$1.98
Total before coupons would have been $59.29

Coupons I was planning on using
2 $3 off photo book=$6
3 $2 off Benefiber=$6
2 $1 off Netragena=$2
1 $2.50 off Bayer=$2.50
Total coupons used=$16.50

Total after coupons $42.79

I would have used my ECBs on this and gotten milk with the rest. In the end I should have made

$19.97 For photo books
$10 for Benefiber
$8 for Netragena
$2 for Bayer
$1.98 for pads
Total $41.95

That's only a difference of $.84. I think that is great. Unfortunately they were out of everything, but photo books and the pads.

I ended up leaving with nothing because although, the two employees were helpful when it came to trying to make the photo books, they had never made one or worked with the program. In the end the store closed while I was still trying to get the books set up.

I went back on Saturday hoping that they might let me prepay for the items I was wanting so that I could use my coupons and ECBs on them and then receive the new ECBs and just pick up the products as they were in stock. I really didn't even care if I got most of them. I just didn't want to loose so much money in ECBs and have to start over from scratch.

That didn't end up happening, but in the end the manager wrote on my ECBs that they should be taken even though they are expired. I was able to make the one small photo book and get the monthly limit on the pantyliners so I was able to roll a little bit of my ECBs. I think I spent $12.66 for the photo book, liners, and 2 gallons of whole milk. I got back $5.97. Not as good as I had hoped, but with the expired ECBs I still have $46.93 to spend, roll, grow.

No comments: