Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April Spending Update

At the middle of last week I was thinking this Challenge was a piece of cake and that I could do it no problem. I went shopping on both Saturday and Sunday and bought quite a bit so I'm starting to think that it might be a little more challenging now.

I'm sure that I could make it because there is always stuff in the freezer and pantry. The point of the challenge though is to see if it is a realistic monthly goal. Can I meet this goal, but still maintain my stockpile so that in a few months the grocery bill won't go up?

I don't really plan on spending any more this week. I got a few things on Sunday. We are going out of town for Thursday, Friday and Saturday so I don't need to, or have the opportunity to spend more. That only leaves a week and a half left in the month.

So what did I get this weekend that possibly brought the budget? A lot. Very little of it was things we actually needed, but we will use it all later so it was better to buy it now.

Saturday
I made three different purchases at Cub.

#1
1 lb hard Salami $2.75
Leeks $2.15
2 Kraft to Go Packets $2.85 each
After coupons=$4.75

#2

2 Kraft to Go $2.85 each
Leeks $2.02
After coupons $1.87

#3
2 Kraft to Go $2.85 each
.55 lb fresh green beans $.48
Cilantro $.69
After coupons $1.02

Target
2 Pepperidge Farm cookies $2.50 each
6 Goldfish $1.33 each
2 Pretzels $1.33 each
After coupons $3.64

Rainbow
13 cans Muir Glen organic tomato sause $1.25 each
3 Cans Muir Glen organic tomatoes $1.25 each
After coupons $4.00

Walmart
5lb bag of red potatoes $1.29
2 Kraft singles $1.49 each
Total $4.27


Total for Saturday $19.55

Sunday at Cub
Bacon $2.99
1 doz Eggs $1.87
2 lbs Kraft cheese $5 total
1 Cub reuseable bag $1
2 Strawberry Chex $2.95 each
1 Chocolate chex $2.95 each
3 Honey Nut Cheerios $3.49 each
2 Nature Valley granola bars $2.39 each
2 Gushers fruit snacks $2.50 each

Total after coupons $12.13
Used $10 OYNO coupon because it expired on Sunday
Total cash $2.13 I also received a coupon for 1 free gallon on milk OYNO

Total spend this weekend $21.68
Total spending for the month:$47.50
Total left to spend:$27.50

I hadn't added it all up before this. $27.50 left isn't that bad for 1 1/2 weeks. Looking at that I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem unless there is a great stock-up deal or I really want to make something, but have to but ingredients

I also went to CVS:

Toilet paper $4.99
A card for Dad's birthday $3.49
Three of the Monthly covergirl foundation $8.98? each
Three other covergirl foundations $9.99? each
Toe separator $.99
Two Secret deodarents that were $.83 on clearance


In the end I think I paid out around $15 in ECBs and got back $18. I know I made about $3 in the deal so that must be pretty close because I think the only thing that gave ECBs was the Covergirl monthly.

Awhile ago I had seen where you could sign up and be a part of their survey team. They send you an invite at times and then if you qualify you take the survey and get ECBs. I did one about two weeks ago and the $10 from that printed out also. Plus I got my quarterly ECB reward $.50

All told I think I was up $13.50 for the day at CVS.

No comments: