Monday, March 31, 2008

Goal for the month

So all who know me well realize that, when I am feeling well, I am goal oriented and also an overacheever. I like a good challenge and strive not only to meet it, but to surpass it.

Well, with that said I set a goal for myself today. At the moment there is $275 in the OUAC fund. $100 is set aside for Shakolee that mom was supposed to order a month ago and still hasn't ordered. Another $100 is for buying more clothes to go round and round with this game that I play. This leaves $75. My goal is to take that $75 and also a $10 off any purchase at Cub and use that for all the groceries and health and beauty items for the month.

I do have some ECBs for CVS to add into this total, but for the most part I will only be using overages from other products I will be getting for free instead of spening all my ECBs this month and having nothing left to use later.

We all know money is tight during Seminary, but it's not so tight this is a necessary. I just wanted a challenge and wanted to see if I could do it. I think that it is good timing also being tomorrow is the start of the month.

I'm planning on shopping as normal for the most part. If there is a good stock-up opportunity I will still get it. I will say that I do have enough milk for two weeks right now so that will make a big difference in the totals.

I thought it might be fun to get a running tally and list what I have been spending on. I might get a little embraced because my shopping trips are pretty random at times, but we'll see how it goes. Everyone will just have to remember, what I buy isn't what we have for supper each day. :)

I am thinking about ordering coupons. I haven't decided if this will come out of the $75 or not. I usually take it from the grocery budget being it saves grocery money, but we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully I will be able to keep up and post as I get things.

No comments: