Monday, February 16, 2009

Rainbow Doubles Idea

It's not a full list, but at least this will give you an idea of some things that might be good to add to your doubles plan for Wednesday.

I wasn't going to do Rainbow this week after I added up the budget Friday and realized I had spent more then I was thinking. Amazing how that happens when your not paying attention.

I was just going to stick with Cub this week and work on the Buy 10 get $10 deal and maybe do one buy $25 get $10, but after I looked at the Rainbow ad I think I might do one or two rounds as follows.

It comes out to be a really good deal when you can work your doubles off of $25 for the regular price instead of the sale price.

2 Roundy's Milk $3.36 ($9.87 regular price)
2 Chicken of the see $.78 ($1.58 Regular Price)
2 Sara Lee Soft and Smooth bread $4 ($6.98 Regular Price)
1 Fresh Express Spinach $1 ($2.49 Regular Price)
1 Green Gaint Steamers $1 ($1.69 Regular Price)
2 Roundy's 8oz cheese $1.98 ($5.98 Regular Price)
Total $12.12 ($28.59 Regular Price)

-2 $1 off milk WYB Sara Lee soft and Smooth bread-doubled=-$4
-$.50/1 Green Giant Steamers-doubled=-$1
Total $7.12

I still have two coupons that I could double so maybe I'll be able to find a couple of things that would be free after the doubles. I think the Kraft Dressing might be one of them. I'll have to check my coupons.

I also noticed that it says "Kraft Specialty Sauce" is $1. I'm wondering if that is A1 or some type of marinade. If so I think there are $1/1 coupons out for A1. That would make it free and then $1 overage if it doubles. Through in two of those and it would bring the total down to $5.12. At that price I would do two rounds for sure if I can find enough of the coupons to make it work.

No comments: