Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gambling

So I think we all can agree that at times I am a little crazy with my coupons. Not as much lately as in times past, but maybe today changes that.

Here is my confession:

I just ordered 50 coupons for Glade Plug-In Scented Oil Warmers. They are BOGO coupons. Here is the kicker though. I actually paid $.50 per coupon. Yep, that's right, I just spend $25 on coupons. $34.28 actually, but that's not part of the story right now.

Now, why is this post labeled gambling instead of confessions? Because I am playing the clock and betting against time that the coupons will get here on Thursday and I will be able to find 100 of the warmers before November 2.

This is the deal that I am wanting to get in on. I've been told that it is working at both Cub and Rainbow although only Cub has it listed.

Buy one Glade Plug-in Scented Oil Warmer for $4.57 + tax get $4 OYNO. With the BOGO coupon it would look like this.

2 Glade $4.57x2=$9.14
+ tax on $9.14=$.59
-BOGO coupon=-$4.57
Totall OOP $5.16
Recieve 2 $4 OYNO coupons
Total profit $2.84

It seems the best senario would be be to buy them in sets of 8. That would maximize the $4 OYNO coupons and make for the least amount of actual cash I would be paying.

I think 8 at a time would look like this
8 Plug-ins $4.57x8=$36.56
+ tax=$2.38
Total=$38.94
-4 BOGO coupons $18.28
Total $20.66
Use 5 $4 OYNO coupons
Total OOP $.66
Recieve 8 $4 OYNO coupons
Net profit $11.34

If everything works right I will end up with $141.80 worth of OYNO coupons to spend between Cub and Rainbow. It's a great payout on $25, but like I said, not sure if it can be done. We are going to Rockford this weekend. I think I counted 6 I could go to on the way there and then the on in Buffilo, plus a couple others I could hit on Sunday. That still means each store would need to have about 10 of them for this to work. It seems really stupid, but at the same time it turned out so well last month with the other Glade coupons that I wanted to try it again.

If anyone is interested in joining me in my addiction the coupons can be found at couponsandforms.com. I would order no later then Monday night/EARLY Tuesday morning in order to give you a little time to shop around. I have ordered as late as Tuesday night from here and have always gotten them by Saturday or before. I'm hoping my order will get here my Thursday if not Wednesday. It will just depend on what time they get mailed out in the morning.

No comments: