Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twin Cities Kmarts to participate in Super Double Coupons

I happened into the Kmart forum this afternoon on Hotcouponworld. I really had no reason to be in there. I don't think that I have been in a Kmart for close to 12 years now. I noticed that they were talking about Super Doubles (SD) and read a couple of the posts. It seems like ALL Kmarts will be participating in the Super Double Coupons this coming week, November 30-Dec 6.

I checked out Kmart.com and looked at the upcoming at for the Twin Cities area. On the bottom of tomorrow's ad it shows a banner about Super Doubles. Here is a link to the Kmart ad page. It should being you right to the list of ads for the Twin Cities area tomorrow.


So, what are Super Doubles (SD)? It looks like Kmart will be doubling any MF coupon up to $2 in value. There are a few stimulation like always, but it seems like a great deal. The print on the ad is tiny, but I'll try to summarize what I can read.

1. Amount of credit from doubling a coupon cannot exceed the current retail price of a single item. Translation-No overage on items. It is is $1.79, your $1/1 coupon will double to $1.79 instead of $2.

2. No cash or in store purchase credit will be awarded for any amount exceeding the retail price of an item. Translation-You can't get cash or gift cards as an overage. Basically repeating #1.

3. Only one coupon will be doubled per item. Translation-You can only use one coupon per item, not 5. Seems simple enough right?

4. You may only purchase 4 of the same items using double coupons. Translation-There seems to be discussion on this one. It seems to mean on of two things
---1. You can only get four like items per coupon, but if the coupon is good on a couple different items say, Suave, shampoo, conditioner, and hair care, then you could get 4 of each items and double a total of 12 coupons.
---2. You can only double 4 like coupons.
Not sure which one it is being I haven't even done this before. I'll try to figure it out and update everyone when I know.

5. Excluded BOGO promotional offers. Translation-I think this is talking about BOGO sales, not BOGO coupons. I'll check on this also.

6. Coupons do not apply to sales tax. Translation-You will still have to pay tax on all the taxable items that you purchase. In MN this means if you have $100 worth of taxable items before coupons and you have $100 worth of doubled coupons you will still have to pay $6.50 because you will be charged tax on the pre-coupon amount.

7. Limit 75 coupons per customer per day. Translation-Seems pretty straight forward right? Being we have 7 days to do this lets try to stay honest and not hit 5 different Kmarts each day. :)

8. Internet coupons and copies of MF coupons are not valid. Translation-Do doubles for IPs. Copying coupons, even IPs is illegal anyway so lets hope that no one is doing that.

9. There is a little bit more down on the bottom, but I can't really make it out. Check your ad for the final details, but I think everything important is covered.


I haven't had time to do any match ups yet, but HCW has a couple of different threads where people are posting as they find deals. I'll try to spend some time on Monday and get a list going on here. It will probably just be different things that I find on the Internet being I haven't been to Kmart and probably won't be able to go till later in the week.

Check out the threads in the Kmart forum and see what you can find. If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment or drop me an email. I'll do my best to find you an answer.

No comments: