Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Herberger's on Black Friday

Just wanted to point out that Herberger's will be having a $10/one $10 or more item in their Black Friday ad. I saw the commercial last night so I'm sure they will be doing it again.

In the past the coupon has had to be used on one item and it has had to be to $10 or over. It can't be a door buster or clearance. There are a few other restrictions on it, but I can't seem to remember them. They also exclude a few brands. I know last year Fossil and Godiva were ones that you could not use the coupon on.

Even with the restrictions there are some great deals to be had. Last year I was able to get Willow Tree figures for grandmas and aunts for only $.50. I also found some great deals in the kitchen area. It's great for things like socks, t-shirts towels and sheets and things like that too.

Last year I checked out the Herberger's web site ahead of time to get a general idea of what things the carry and what the regular price was. Here is a link if you want to do that. It helps to have an idea of what you are going for before you walk through the door.

Last year Jason went out to Holiday and bought me 15 extra papers Thanksgiving morning. It was a great investment. For $7.50 I was able to save an extra $150 off the sale price when I was shopping for Christmas presents. It makes a great way to stretch that all too small Christmas budget.

As a final note I should probably add, the commercial said that coupon would be good from 4:00am-1pm Friday morning. It does usually say something about limit one per person or per check out. In the past it has depended on the cashier if you can do a couple transactions at a time. Last year the CS lady let me use two or three at once, but other cashiers looked at me like I had committed a felony because I even possessed more then one coupon.

No comments: