Monday, June 2, 2008

Recap of May spending

I suppose it is time to fess up how much I sent over budget. I will say in my defense that Noah and I were sick last week and when I am sick I just really want whatever tastes good to me at the time. Last week that was cherries and beef soup with red potatoes.

As close as I can tell last week we spent $16.17 on groceries. All but $5.17 was for cherries, cottage cheese, and red potatoes. The rest for for 4 boxes of Teddy grams, 2 gallons of milk and something else that I can't remember.

Add that to the $2.93 that I was already over buy and you get a total of $$19.1. Which means last month I spend $113.70. Not that great.

Oh well, time to do better this month. I'm going to stick with the $85 being I was under and then over so I still don't really know if this is the correct amount, but to this I will add the knowledge that at the end of the month there will be some excellent stock up opportunities so I might need more then $85.

Things like hotdogs, brats, hamburger, and anything condiment or picnic related should be on sale right before the 4th of July. Last year we got enough hotdogs, mustard, ketchup, and bbq sauce to last all year. Most of it was just pennies.

No comments: