Tuesday, November 11, 2008

General Mills cereal deal at Cub

I don't think I will be getting a list made this week. I wanted to make sure everyone knew about the cereal deal going on this week at Cub.

If you buy 10 boxes of General Mills cereal, Betty Crocker Fruit snacks or General Mills granola bars you get 3 $5 OYNO coupons plus a coupon for $4.50 off a gallon of milk.

There were about 8 typed of cereal for $2.50 this afternoon in Shakopee. None sale prices ranged from $2.99-$4 plus.

The best way to think about the deal is to look at the price of the cereal and take $1.50 off per box to start with. After this add in any coupons you have. There are many expired $1/2 MF. This means that each box is $2 off the shelf price.

For me, I add in the price of the milk when I am thinking about the cereal. I would be buying the milk anyway so I figure how much the milk would cost me and divide that by 10 boxes of cereal. Usually I get the twin pack at Cub unless another store had milk on sale. No sale this week that I know of so that would be $6.58 for two gallons or ruffly $3.30 per gallon. Divide that by 10 for each box of cereal and you get another $.33 off per box.

I got 10 boxes today. After coupons, $15 OYNO, and deducting the cost of a gallon of milk it worked out to $2.18 for the 10 boxes, or $0.218 per box. I think the size ranged from 10.x oz to 14.x oz. Not very big boxes, but it the larger boxes were almost $2 more so this was the best use of coupons.

Also check out the Pilsbury deal. I think it is listed on the second to last page in the ad. It's buy 10 get $5 OYNO. Makes a good price for cake mix. I haven't looked too hard for coupons on that one. I'll see what I can find on Thursday when I have a little more time.

No comments: